SPICED LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRY
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 0.5 lemons
- 1large onion
- 1 cauliflower
- 4 garlic and coriander naan breads
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30g ginger
- 3 tbsp balti curry paste
- 75g red lentils
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 400ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 220g spinach
- 15g fresh coriander
- 600g pilau rice
- 1 handful cashew nuts
Slice the onions. Cut the cauliflowers into florets. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Deseed and finely chop the green chillis. Peel and finely chop the ginger. Chop the fresh coriander. Toast the cashew nuts.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, chopped chillies, ginger and curry paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets and coconut milk. Return to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Stir the spinach and coriander into the curry, and add lemon juice to taste.
- Cook the naan according to pack instructions.
- Scatter the cashews over the curry and serve with the rice and naan.